Monday, October 30, 2006

What’s up with Interstate 10?


I remember… not too long ago….. perhaps 4 years ago or so….. you could drive down Interstate 10 and know that the road would be a safe stretch of blacktop.

Not too long ago a pot hole would be inconceivable for an interstate… that’s something you’d expect to see on a country road or a downtown road, but not on the interstate.

In the last few years it has become terrible.

I actually lost a hub cap because of a pot hole on the interstate.

I had a tire blow out because I hit a large seem where a repair was made to the road.
Come on, even Louisiana doesn’t have this type of problem on their parts of the interstate.
What changed?

I’ve been here for about 30 years and have never seen the interstate as bad as it is now.

The only good part is the newly constructed section in Rose City, but even there, the orange barrels are still out most of the time because they are still touching up the new construction.

I’m afraid if enough people complain, all we’ll end up with is a tax hike to pay for repairs.

Experience tells me that after the repairs would be made the higher taxes would stay with us.

So what’s the resolution to this one?

I wish I knew.