Friday, November 10, 2006

Taxing My Nerves


I just got the tax bill for my rent houses today.

The county has got to be crazy!

I have one on 19th street that has been for sale for over 3 years….the asking price? 35 K

How much does the county say it’s worth?….49K?

How can anyone pass up such a bargain? The house market is hot, so what could I be doing that would make me so unlucky as to go so long without a buyer?

Certainly the county couldn’t be OVERESTIMATING THE VALUE of the house so it can charge more tax on the property???!!!

What can a property owner do?

I complained to the tax office at the end of the last year and they gave me all the reasons why my house is worth 14 thousand dollars more than its selling price.

Even the governor campaigned on doing something about inflated tax rates, but now that he’s won do you think ole Perry will come through? I doubt it.

Republican… Democrat… It’s all the same once they get in office.

Somebody prove me wrong… I want to be wrong on this one.

I’ve got 6 kids to feed and I would rather they get my very hard earned money than the county.
I believe the Bible says render unto Cesar what is Cesar’s.

The problem is our Cesar is given the right to imagine you have something and tax you for it.
Where is this 49 thousand dollar house I own? I’m still waiting to find it!