Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause!


After checking my DVR and some of the latest newscasts on our area’s broadcast television, I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised!

Just when I thought everyone would drop the ball… several reports.. updates … on the Beaumont double murder… all of which brought the story to the average viewer, rather than leave it as just another tragedy that happens to people on the other side of town.

Yes Virginia! There is a Santa Clause!

The morning show is breaking in a new producer, and so far the outlook is good.

There was a huge apartment fire this morning in Bridge City.

I called several firefighters and everyone said “ya’ll better go“… so we did.

One woman was sent to the hospital, a lot of folks were left without a place to live, and there was a real danger to both life and property.

I’m glad I was in the newsroom when the call came in.

I was able to warn our new girl not to give details on the dispatch radio because some “journalists” would “report” the facts they swipe from our two-way radio conversation

What do you know; we were the only folks to show at the apartment fire.

Coincidence?

Perhaps the other guys felt an Orange County fire isn’t that important?

That’s possible because I watched the 5:30 hits of both stations and didn’t see or hear a peep about the story.

Who knows?

Gary at KOGT says the company that hosts the KOGT web page is having problems and he hasn’t been able to upload new info to the web page since the weekend.

That’s a real problem for a LOT of folks in Orange.

The locally-owned radio stations are a real resource for so many communities… and an extra set of eyes for so many news folks stuck in Beaumont.

I hope his ISP is able to resolve the problem soon.

It’s almost three and the kids are about to get out of school.

Time to take off my armchair quarterback hat and be a dad again.

Você é mom direito!
As crianças são um presente do deus!