Thursday, November 16, 2006

A few toughts on the daily stuff


Orange County is holding a public hearing today on the feeder roads of interstate 10.

They are looking at the possibility of changing the traffic flow back to two-way.

All three stations received a copy of the agenda and know that the meeting is happening today.

This is a big deal for folks who have to drive an extra 7 miles just to get turned around and go to the city of Orange.

Let’s see who shows and who doesn’t

I’m not working today so I get to watch rather than play in the news arena.

KFDM and Bill did a good job on the report about salons.

I don’t know if I would have chosen to go as long as they did, but that’s just me.

My logic is, something like the dirty salons does not affect me… or most men… so if you go that long on the story, you are ignoring half your audience for an extended period of time.

This is just my perspective, and I might be wrong.

I’m not an expert in the news field and do not claim to be one.

I am just someone who has been doing this jazz for about 18 years and have come to certain beliefs.

One of those beliefs is that unless the president dies or another 9-1-1 happens, you don’t go more than 2:30 on a story.

Back in the ‘80s I had a news director name George Eon.

He took this to an extreme.

If you went over 20 seconds on a story, he hit the roof!

Of course, that was radio where being short and to the point is more important than in television.

John, I enjoyed your last email.

I’m surprised KDKA would go that rout, but that’s Pennsylvania and I guess they do things differently up there.

A notícia eficaz afeta-nos todos