Thursday, November 23, 2006

Cross Shooting


I just saw something I think is a funny side effect of not quite thinking ahead… or, just simply getting caught up in the confusion of a perp walk.

Everyone ran a story today about a woman who hired a man to kill her husband.

All the media showed up for the perp walk.

When flipping back and forth between KFDM and KBMT it seemed as if the two stations should have considered trading video with each other.

KBMT’s shot was mostly of the suspect AND of Angel from KFDM.

KFDM”s shot was mostly of the suspect AND of Kevin Steele from KBMT.

Everyone knows you should use a wireless mic and have your camera guy get on the opposite side, but it doesn’t always work out that way.

The “event” was good P.R. for KLVI, Harold Mann was in both station’s shot.

I didn’t catch KBTV, but it would be interesting to know who was in their shot.

I guess I’ll have something to look forward to when the paper comes out on Thursday.